Monday, March 02, 2009

Snowshoeing on the Bruce Peninsula


It was another absolutely beautiful day on the Bruce Peninsula. Each Sunday afternoon I get together with a couple of good friends to go Ontario snowshoeing. Each week we discover different places. Places that have a totally different look and feel then in the warmer temperatures, and the wildlife awakes, or life gets so busy trying to fit everything in that you don't get to stop and smell the roses. We here in Bruce County embrace winter.

Since I have moved here 15 years ago from the big city, I have come to make the most of each season, and jump in with both feet. Today I hosted my friends on my 200 acres on the Bruce Peninsula. It is fun identifying the different trees and animal tracks that we see throughout the bush. Last Sunday we tried Bruce Trail snowshoeing at Lion's Head where we discovered the 10,000 year old potholes carved in the limestone. We stood on the cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment overlooking Isthmus Bay located along the shores of Georgian Bay, and all of it's glory in a snow squall. Next week we hope to trek the shores of Lake Huron Cottages while it is still frozen to a place.......well you will just have to wait and see. Stay tuned.

Check out some of the great places to go Snowshoeing or Cross Country Skiing across the Bruce!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last weekend, I too went for snowshoeing with my close friend!! It was great day!!